Holiday Jones to do Do-Division
Here’s something for your To-Do List: Do-Division Holiday Fest.
Do-Division is a bi-annual street festival that promotes businesses on Division St. As a business on Division St., how could we not participate? Everybody else is.
This year’s event, which goes down December 7th & 8th puts an emphasis on holiday shopping. “What else does it offer?” you ask. Well, here’s a comprehensive list:
- Carolers & live music along the Do-Division route
- Exclusive sales & promotions at retailers – Do Division & do all of your holiday shopping in one weekend
- ‘Shop for Good’ program – do twice the good by supporting local charities and the local economy through the Shop for Good program. Select businesses will donate 10% of customer purchases to a local charity of the customer’s choice (this promo takes place at participating venues throughout Wicker Park & Bucktown from December 6th through December 8th). For a full list of businesses & charities, visit wickerparkbucktown.com/events-chamber/shop-for-good-2013
- Discount shopping cards that benefit local schools and charities
- Free wine sampling and holiday bites at participating retail stores. Stroll along Division with your wine glass while you shop!
- Restaurants & bars featuring holiday-inspired drink & menu promotions
- Holiday window decorations galore (Time Out ran a story the other year on Do-Division Holiday’s impressive window decorations…calling a window-walk here a smart alternative to State Street).
- Snow-man making and custom wreath sales & decorating activities for kids at LaSalle II Elementary School on
- String ensemble student performers from Suzuki Orff School of Music
- Designated areas with hot chestnuts, hot cocoa, warm mulled wine, hot toddies, and other festive foods
- “Jolly Trolleys” with holiday drinks served**
- Doggy Style pet boutique will host A Live Rescue dog adoption event, and photos with your dog & Santa on Saturday.
- Do Division canvas shopping bags given to shoppers
- Spas & salons pampering specials
- Free trolley transfer stop from/to Renegade Holiday Craft Fair at Pulaski Park